A complete eye examination is not just a quick check of your glasses prescription. When you have an eye examination at Lakeshore Eye Care Professionals, you can be assured that not only will your glasses prescription be updated but your eyes will be thoroughly evaluated also. We will check for glaucoma by measuring your eye pressure and viewing the optic nerve in the back of your eyes; we know what eye problems are associated with your medications and medical problems and evaluate you for them; and we will provide top quality laser and surgical care for just about any eye problem that you may have. It is not just an eye examination, it is a thorough medical evaluation of your eyes.
Lakeshore Eye Care Professionals is the only practice providing full-time ophthalmology care in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin. We have four doctors practicing in two offices, both conveniently located near Highway 43. Our General Ophthalmologists is Dr. Martha Jay. Our Optometrists are Dr. Mark German and Dr. James Ivanoski. We provide blade-free LASIK, small incision cataract surgery, premium lens implants for cataract surgery, glaucoma treatment, diabetic eye care, dry eye treatment, macular degeneration treatment, contact lens fitting, comprehensive eye examinations and more. Patients of all ages are welcome and we accept most insurance plans, including Medicare Assignment.
WHICH doctor is right for you?
- For LASIK Vision Correction: Dr. Martha Jay was the first surgeon in the Milwaukee area to perform laser refractive surgery in the 1990’s and began exclusively offering blade-free LASIK in 2005. With that much experience, she is your ideal choice for LASIK vision correction. Thousands of area residents today are experiencing the wonders of improved vision thanks to Dr. Jay's expertise.
- For Cataract Surgery: Dr. Martha Jay is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist. She provides the latest technology in cataract surgery so rarely, if ever, needs to resort to older techniques such as shots, patches or stitches. This 10 minute procedure is the most common operation in America and 95% of patients are thrilled with the results. The newest advances include implants that correct for astigmatism (Toric implants) and those that allow you to read close-up and see far-away without glasses after surgery (Multi-focal or bifocal implants).
- For Contact Lens Fitting: Whether you have worn contacts for decades or are a teenager looking to get into contacts for the first time, Dr. Mark German or Dr. James Ivanoski are both ideal choices for you. They specialize in hard-to-fit contact lens patients and those who are new to contacts. Trouble reading while approaching your mid 40's? Talk to them about bifocal or mono-vision contacts (one eye for seeing close-up and the other for distance viewing).
- For General Adult and Pediatric Eye Care: Dr. Martha Jay , Dr. James Ivanoski and Dr. Mark German accept patient of all ages into their practices. They all treat macular degeneration, glaucoma, dry eyes and many more eye problems. Dr. Martha Jay is an Ophthalmologist, that means that she is a Medical Doctor who manages medical and surgical eye problems. Dr. Mark German and Dr. James Ivanoski are Optometrists, which means that they concentrate on more general eye care and those patients not requiring surgical intervention.
- Contact us for more information.