Do you have cataracts? This is a great time to have cataract surgery due to new advances in the procedure. Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions about cataract surgery, but the best way to learn more about cataracts and your options is to schedule a comprehensive eye exam with one of our doctors. For additional information and to schedule an appointment, call 262.241.1919. We are always pleased to assist you. And don't overlook our Eye Care Blog which is updated frequently with information about cataract surgery and other eye care topics.
Click on the image of Dr. Martha Jay to the left to hear her discuss the symptoms and treatment of cataracts. Why is she holding a football and a baseball? The newest advancement in cataract surgery involves the type of implant we place at the time of surgery. In the past we only had implants that improved your distance vision after surgery. Now we have Multi-focal lenses so you can also see to read close-up and at computer distance without glasses after the procedure. In addition, we have implants that correct for astigmatism call Toric implants. Your options vary depending on whether you have astigmatism (football shaped eyes) or not (baseball shaped eyes). We let you know which implant options are available to you at the time of your cataract consultation.
Click on a question below to learn more:
- What's new in cataract surgery?
- What are the different types of implants now available?
- Standard, Multi-focal, Toric implants - Which one is best?
- Are Multi-focal implants my only option to read without glasses after cataract surgery?
- Are there any drawbacks to the Multi-focal implants?
- Are there any drawbacks to the Toric implants?
- Which implant is best for me?
- How can I tell if I have a cataract?
- What is cataract surgery like?
- What exactly is a cataract?
- Exactly what are Dr. Jay or Dr. Bennett doing during cataract surgery?
- Can anything go wrong during cataract surgery or afterwards?
- What happens, step by step, if I decide to have cataract surgery?
- Is cataract surgery the same everywhere you go?
To learn more about our Cataract services provided at our practice, please call us today 262-241-1919 to schedule an appointment.